What I HAVE learned:
1. Wear sunscreen
a. Oh, to be a bronzed kid…it isn’t worth the damage
2. Eat healthy
a. Boring, but overall it is worth it
3. Toxic people aren’t worth it
a. They AREN’T worth it. Ever. For any amount of time. They will suck the life out of your life and leave you when they are done.
4. Surround yourself with people and things that make you smile
a. Better to have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.
5. Read more
a. More and more and more. It expands your mind and your imagination. Don’t trust a leader who doesn’t read.
6. Wine is worth its weight in gold
a. Bold reds are a personal fav
7. So is whiskey
a. Neat please
8. If work makes you miserable, find a new job, then QUIT
a. A company will value you if you work hard. If they don’t find one that will.
9. People who want to stick around WILL
a. No. Matter. What.
10. Invest in good friendships
a. Bring them coffee, a card, a smile. It goes a long way in the long run.
11. People who leave…let them go
a. You can’t convince them to stay and if you do, you will always wonder, and so will they. Just let them go.
12. Tell your mom you love her more
a. Even if you are mad at her. She deserves the love.
13. Tell your sisters you love them more
a. The relationship is always worth more than just being “right”.
14. Tell your family you love them more
a. You never know when tomorrow isn’t promised.
15. Send more handwritten letters/cards
a. It’s a lost art that should be brought back. It is worth the five minutes.
16. Be pickier
a. With what you wear, where you go, who you speak with, spend time with, everything. Life is too short.
17. Smile more
a. Wrinkles from smiles are well earned.
a. C’est la vie. It makes a difference.
19. Eat the damn cookie
a. Don’t miss out on life with too strict of rules. Everything in moderation. It will be ok.
a. It is surprisingly therapeutically even if you aren’t a “writer”.
21. Invest in organizing
a. It makes everything in life easier and less stressful
22. Let the dog on the bed
a. He just wants to snuggle. You are his whole life while he is just a part of yours.
23. It is ok to cry
a. It doesn’t mean you are weak. It actually proves your strength.
24. It is ok to not give a FUCK
a. It really it. Easier said than done, but once you reach it…WHEW.
25. Never stop learning
a. Languages, music, industries, crafts, cooking, trades, etc. Something!
26. Buy a nice mattress and sheets
a. You spend half your life in your bed. Pamper yourself a little.
27. 99% of things can be controlled by choices
a. This is a tough one to swallow, but it is true. You can’t control what other people do, but you can determine your own boundaries.
29. Get enough rest
a. Your body will thank you for it.
30. Don’t have too many expectations about how life should be
a. The sneaky bastard will just end up surprising you anyways